Saturday 10 January 2015

Symprove 12 Week Programme

Look what arrived at my door this morning, my 12 Week Programme of Symprove from Spink Health.

After being diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) in 2011 and having suffered with stomach problems for sometime, I was excited to learn of the Symprove 12 Week Programme and was more than happy to give it a go and see if it can improve my daily symptoms of IBS.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common, long-term condition of the digestive system. It can cause bouts of stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea and/or constipation.

The symptoms vary between individuals and affect some people more severely than others. They tend to come and go in periods lasting a few days to a few months at a time, often during times of stress or after eating certain foods.

IBS is thought to affect up to one in five people at some point in their life, and it usually first develops when a person is between 20 and 30 years of age. Around twice as many women are affected as men.

The condition is often life-long, although it may improve over several years.

The most common symptoms of IBS are:

  • Abdonimal (stomach) pain and cramping, which may be relieved by having a poo. 
  • A change in bowel habits – such as diarrhoea, constipation, or sometimes both. 
  • Bloating and swelling of your stomach. 
  • Excessive wind (flatulence). 
  • Occasionally experiencing an urgent need to go to the toilet. 
  • A feeling that you have not fully emptied your bowels after going to the toilet. 
  • Passing mucus from your bottom. 

In addition to the main symptoms described above, some people with IBS experience a number of other problems. These can include:
 
  • A lack of energy (lethargy). 
  • Feeling sick. 
  • Backache. 
  • Bladder problems (such as needing to wake up to urinate at night, experiencing an urgent need to urinate and difficulty fully emptying the bladder). 
  • Pain during sex (Dyspareunia) 
  • Incontinence. 

The symptoms of IBS can also have a significant impact on a person's day-to-day life and can have a deep psychological impact. As a result, many people with the condition have feelings of depression and anxiety.

Symprove is a water-based multi-strain supplement that contains 4 unique strains of live activated bacteria. These include: L. rhamnosus, E. faecium, L. acidophilus, and L. plantarum. Normally a healthy gut would already contain all four of these, however when it doesn’t, it can soon become unbalanced. Symprove has been created to restore the balance of bacteria in your gut.

During the Symprove 12 Week Programme all you have to do is drink 1 small cup of Symprove each morning and that’s it. Symprove are confident that in 12 weeks you and your gut will feel significantly different.

So, I am ready to go! This is day 1, and I shall keep you posted on my progress. 

Please note that I am not a medical expert, nor am I trained or qualified to give an advice regarding this condition. This post is based purely on my own thoughts and experiences. You should see your GP if you think you have IBS symptoms, so they can try to identify the cause.

8 comments:

  1. I am also an IBS sufferer, so I will be watching this with great interest. My symptoms have improved over the years as I have become more aware of what triggers it. I avoid raw onions like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly what i am in need of , i have also suffered with ibs for many years and at times i can look full term pregnant although i simply am not its put me on such a downer that it interferes in merely every aspect of my life , i definitely need to give this a try thank you for the awareness of this brand
    http://beautyandtheprince.weebly.com/lifestyle/bloggers-twitter-chat-timetable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph, I hope this will work for you. :-)

    Jo of http://saycheesycake.blogspot.nl
    Drop by anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suffer IBS too :( Hope this works for you x

    Rachael , from - http://awesomebeforeautism.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds like a really good idea - anything which can help ease the condition has to be worth a try! I look forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is interesting. I have mild IBS and I know lots of people who have it. Will be interesting to see how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope it works for you! My friend suffers with IBS and I know how much of an impact it has on her life and I will have to keep an eye on your progress and let her know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. Four days in, so far so good! I am not sure if it is even meant to happy, but strangely i don't even feel hungry since i have been taking Symprove - which is great for my weight loss! I will keep this post updated and let you all know how i get along throughout the 12 weeks :) x

    ReplyDelete